Senior Puppy Class is for those dogs aged between 3 and 5 months of age that have missed out on our Baby Puppy Class. This is a similar format to the younger puppy class but with more of a focus on calming and relaxing pups and teaching them the correct, polite way to meet and greet other dogs and people.
During our Senior Puppy Class we aim to:
- Socialise puppies and enable them to learn natural dogs behaviours and body languages;
- Teach the pup basic manners using a positive fun method. We teach puppies to sit; come; lie down; stay; leave it; wait for food and walk nicely on the lead;
- Help owners with problems they may be having with their puppy, such as toilet training, chewing, play biting, jumping up and digging;
- Teach owners about dog behaviour and body language;
- Teach dogs to accept and enjoy being handled for Vet checks and grooming;
- Discuss responsible pet ownership;
Our puppy classes run as a 5 week course with the first week being a 1 ½ hour session without dogs so we can teach owners about our training and socialisation techniques. Each class runs for 1 hours. Puppies must be between 12weeks - 5 months of age and bookings are essential as no more than 6 puppies are taken for a class.
The cost for our 5 week Baby or Senior Puppy class is $140 which includes a clicker for training and all training notes. Classes are held in Cooma all year round. Please ensure you are able to attend all 5 sessions as refund are not given for missed classes (1 make up session per course can be organised in extenuating circumstances however this is only if there are times available). If you do not feel you can commit to a 5 week course then you may like to consider our drop in Junior Dogs classes instead as these are more flexible. . BOOK NOW .
PLEASE NOTE – Puppies must be up to date with their vaccinations for their age, however they do not need to have had all their puppy vaccinations. We hold our puppy classes on our own property where no other dogs expect those vaccinated dogs for classes can go and our indoor area is disinfected daily, therefore each class therefore we are able to socialize puppies at the most important time in their life without the risk of them picking up something nasty. For more information on the importance of puppy socialisation please go to avsabonline.org/uploads/position_statements/puppy_socialization.pdf